The International Dublin Gay Theatre Festival has continuously developed over the last 18 years and grown in scale and scope.
However our core aims and ambitions remain the same:
- To develop a high quality inclusive artistic programme to include drama, music, the performance arts and academic and community debate. Productions and production companies are vetted before they are accepted onto the programme. Applicants will have been assessed in performance, at international festivals, or by submitting scripts and accreditation information and references.
- To explore the concepts of gay theatre. This will include the annual Dr Aiden Rogers Memorial Lecture on an aspect of gay theatre and our Academic Seminars on gay theatre.
- Provide a range of supports to participating and prospective companies, including sourcing new works, casting, technical back-up, skill development placements, and channels of performance.
- Develop contacts with International theatres, playwrights, performers and festivals.
- Promote new writing.
- Develop channels of communication to the wider community. To reach out to mainstream audiences with a pro-active national and international marketing campaign.
- Develop channels of communication to the gay community.
- Promote youth integration and participation.
- Develop script and casting libraries.
- Establish good governance by appointing committed staff and embedding sound administrative practice.
- Establish Dublin as the leading centre of international gay theatre.